the old red cape

the old red cape
the old red cape

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Christmas Twirl Skirt

OH I have my sewing mojo back!!

Elizabeth and I have been apart due to back to school, new schedules and excuses.  I finally made a sewing plan for Christmas and today was 'prototype' day.

I had this pile: 


and started laying the pieces out:




and with some gathering and sewing:

NOTE: I really am thinking it is time for a 'gathering foot'.  I wonder if it would have made this a tad easier or faster!?

and it starts to come together:


  I just love the Christmas colors and those doggies!

it is taking shape: 

AND a final product!




I am so glad I accomplished this today!  I even sewed in one of my new sewing labels.

And it is a good thing I made this prototype because it will be too small for the niece I made it for!  Now, my other lucky little niece will get it as a surprise on Thanksgiving.  I have fabrics all picked out for many more of these.  SO CUTE!


homework  
   

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, typo the first time. :) This skirt is just adorable! I love the dog fabric...do you know what kind it is or where you got it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doggies came from Joann's in their Christmas section.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! I found your blog from the made by you monday party. I'm your newest follower. I'd love you to stop by my blog if you get a chance & maybe follow along too!
    Sally
    loveofhomes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! i dont think i could ever do that. I have always wanted to sew myself clothes but i dont know how and it would probably be a disaster.

    www.thebandbfiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete