the old red cape

the old red cape
the old red cape

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Baby Shower (gift #1)

I have a Baby Shower to go to later this month.  It has been YEARS since I have been to a baby shower <3.

It is for a sister of a close friend.  I am very excited to sew gifts for the baby.  Of course, knowing if it is a girl or a boy would be MOST helpful - but the mother-to-be has decided to not find out.  I did my best on fabric selections.  Green and yellow are nice - but there has to be SOME pink right?


I searched long and hard for the gifts that I thought would be useful and easy to complete but look like high end gifts.  I found three.  Here is the first of the projects I have completed.

I used the tutorial I found here for Baby Burp Cloths at A Chelsea Morning.  The only change I made was I used flannel for the inserts. I had a September baby and the thought of warm cozy burp clothes made of flannel just felt right.

I started with the cutting of the flannel and ribbons (following the tutorial) and spent the majority of my time pinning it all together.  It was a lot thicker than I anticipated.  I really need some GOOD quality heavy gauge pins!

Then Elizabeth (my machine) and I got to work.  As I mentioned it was thick - so I went slow. But she never failed me!  I thought for sure I would break a needle.  Helpful Hint: I used a whole bobbin for this project.


But once they were done they look so soft and snugly!





I think they will wrap up nicely for presentation.  I can already hear the 'ohhhhs' and 'ahhhhs' from the crowd!


Now I am off to start project #2... which is MUCH bigger!




Tip Junkie handmade projects





4 comments:

  1. These are really cute! I definitely want to try to make some if I don't get any for my baby shower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are fabulous! Can't wait to see the other projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Job! Those are so cute, I wish that I had those when my kiddos were babies. Found you on Skip to My Lou.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look adorable! She will love them:)

    ReplyDelete